Monday, March 21, 2011

Thankfulness - Philosophical Thoughts

The pithy sayings like, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and "You don't know what you got until it is gone" contain much truth in them. A couple of years ago I came to the realization that being angry all the time at the consequences of my life was not producing the results I wanted. Einstein was correct when he defined insanity:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different results."

So I made a conscience effort to change the way I think. This required me to read books out of my comfort zone. The finishing quote that re-directed me off the anger track was by Dr. Wayne Dryer who wrote in his book: The Power of Intention said,

"Change the way you look at things and the things that you look at change."

Now years later, these quotes were re-affirmed as I have spent 8 days alone as my lovely wife has been on a mother-and-daughter escapade. The good news is that I have lived my life with these quotes as my lifestyle, and I am thankful to have them validated once more. We must remember and cherish - the cornerstones of thankfulness.

C'ya
Eagle Driver
check 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email address is required; however, your email address will not be used for any purpose other than validation. Thank you for your comment - Eagle Driver.