Thursday, March 10, 2011

Presuppositions of Life

What is the premise that you base your life on? Everyone has faith in something or someone. The question of life is what or who do you have faith in? The key is the object of your faith. One of the most common example of this is when you are standing in a room with people. How do they know you are standing in the room with them? Answer is because I can see and talk to you - our senses tell us. Yet our senses deceive us many times and in many ways (i.e., mirages, etc.). So we presume you are in the room, we have to or there is no party just an illusion of my mind.

My Presuppositions:
1. The existence of The (not "a") Biblical God
By saying there is no God, you have just made yourself god. How do you know there is no God?
2. The Biblical God has revealed Himself to man (as recorded in the Bible)
Therefore we must trust the revelation of God in the Bible
a. General Revelation - Acts 14:14-17
b. Special Revelation - Hebrews 1:1; 2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:15
c. Personal Revelation - John 1:18; Hebrews 1:2; Luke 24:44-45
3. Man's capacity to comprehend God's revelation
A better way to state this is man's lack of spiritual understanding without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
4. A consistent Hermeneutic is required
I take the literal-grammatical-historical approach with leads to Dispensationalism

From these 4 presuppositions, I work my life and my worldview. So now the question: What are your presuppositions that you base your life on?

C'ya
Eagle Driver
check 6

Isaiah 55:8-11 (NASB)
8"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
9"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email address is required; however, your email address will not be used for any purpose other than validation. Thank you for your comment - Eagle Driver.